Features Title Here. Consectetur adipisicing

Features Content Here. Sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

2012

Monday, December 7, 2009















Sreya thinks I should have my own blog.  What I will blog about, I don't know.  Movie reviews are safe enough.  It's appropriate that I begin my blog with a review of 2012 --the movie is about new beginnings and fresh starts.  However, it was a major torture to see a "blow"-by-"blow" account of the world disintegrating. 2 and a half hours of a movie without a bad guy, but a lot of twits!! What was even worse was to see creation (including artwork!) saved in a modern version of Noah's Ark (or was it Noah's fleet of Arks?). I mean, all that story for some Christian laughs? I thought only Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise would think of such a plot. (Not a compliment.) Not to miss the number one on the poster shaped like the sword of the Crusades.  There were only two lighter moments in the whole movie: a desperate attempt to start a car before realizing that its ignition is voice activated, and the clear ringtone of a cellphone playing "main agar kahoon" from "Om Shanti Om" over the screams of women and the roar of the tsunami.
Conclusion: it was a combination of a WWII movie without the Germans and Moonraker

0 comments:

Post a Comment